Women’s Retreat: Awakening Through the Body, Heart & Mind
November 13 - 18, 2020
This retreat welcomes all self-identified women into a container of deep silence, inner-listening, and community during the autumn-time on the Southern Dharma land.
– Developing more of a Sense of Embodiment in a world of complexity and speed.
– Cultivating the Awakened Qualities of Heart in a world of intensity and reactivity.
– Awakening a Mature Awareness as a Reliable Refuge.
This silent Insight Meditation retreat will consist of alternating periods of sitting and walking meditation, guided meditations, Dharma talks, and optional Qi Gong practice. In addition to Insight Meditation practice, Heather will offer teachings on the following areas of practice:
- Embodiment: Informed by the 1st Foundation of Mindfulness of the Body and Somatic Experiencing. Includes optional simple Qi Gong practice.
- Heart Practices: The spirit of the Divine Abodes of Lovingkindness, Compassion, Joy and Equanimity will support awakened attitudes of mind during our retreat.
- Awareness: Informed by teachings from the Thai Forest Tradition, how mindfulness matures into mindfulness wisdom and leads to softening and releasing.
To support deepening practice, participants will check in with the teacher in a Small Group, as well as sign-up Individual Check-Ins.
This retreat is recommended for both New & Experienced meditators.